Differentiate between food crops and cash crops and give two examples of each.
- These are crops which are grown for food such as cereals: wheat, rice, maize, pulses, oil seeds.
- These grow in the plains generally.
- These are annuals and complete their cycle in one season as in case of wheat, rice maize, gram, beans, peas.
- These are crops which are cultivated for commercial purposes such as tea, coffee, rubber, coconut, spices.
- These grow in the hilly areas on the slopes as water of rain should not stand in the roots as in case of tea.
- These plants are perennials. These plants live for more than two years. Tea, coffee require pruning before winter.
Concept: Agriculture: Cultivated Crops (Food-crops and Cash Crops), Crops Grown in India
Is there an error in this question or solution?