Differentiate between the following.
Liquids and gases
- Have definite volume but no definite shape
- Intermolecular force of attraction is weaker than that in solids
- Molecules are not as tightly packed as in solids and intermolecular space is more than that in solids.
- Molecules have no fixed position
- Can be compressed slightly
- Are capable of flowing
- Have no definite shape or volume
- Intermolecular force of attraction is the weakest (almost negligible)
- Intermolecular space is the maximum and the molecules are far apart.
- Molecules move around freely
- Can be easily compressed
- Can flow in all directions.
Concept: Main Postulates of Kinetic Molecular Theory of Matter
Is there an error in this question or solution?