Answer in Brief
Describe various methods of fish preservation.
After catching the fishes, fish spoilage is prevented by different preservation methods like:
- Chilling with ice: It is a method of refrigeration. Due to the lowering of temperature, putrefaction is prevented and the quality of fish is maintained.
- Freezing: Freezing of fishes helps to retain the natural appearance of fishes.
- Freeze drying: Fishes are frozen and dried.
- Smoke drying: This removes the moisture and prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Sun-drying: Fishes are dried in sun to remove moisture.
- Salting: By adding salt, dehydration takes place by osmosis.
- Canning: Fishes are preserved in cans with salt or other artificial preservatives.
Concept: Animal Husbandry (Livestock) - Pisciculture (Fish Farming)
Is there an error in this question or solution?