Answer in Brief
Describe the role of the state in achieving the objective of economic development and social change.
The value of the state of nationalism, secularism, and democracy and goal. This role may be described as follows :
- Peace and Order: The state ensures peace and order in society. The core purpose of the state is protection. This role has also been described as 'State building'. The survival of the political system may be threatened by the international or domestic environment. Maintenance of security, survival of the state, constitution, and political order is the key role of the state.
- Economic Development: The state is expected to intervene in economic life for the purpose of promoting industrial and agricultural growth and economic development. Economic stability and growth would ensure the economic wellbeing of the people.
- Nation Building: This refers to the problem of ensuring that diversity in a society does not lead to the disintegration of the state. Nation-building is closely associated with the idea of national integration.
- Governance: The involvement of the members of the society int he decision- making process of the state is good governance. This is sometimes referred to as 'democratization' or the creation of a 'participatory state'.
- Welfare: This refers to the application of the principles of social justice, fairness, and equality. The state is expected to rectify the imbalances int he society so that the marginalized section of society does not suffer.
Concept: Introduction of Contemporary India
Is there an error in this question or solution?