Describe the advantages and disadvantages of cross-pollination to the plant.
Advantages of cross-pollination:
- The offspring are healthier.
- The seeds produced are abundant and viable.
- New varieties may be produced by cross-pollinating two different varieties of the same species.
Disadvantages of cross-pollination:
- Pollination is not always certain.
- The pollen has to be produced in large quantities.
- The process is uneconomical for the plant because the flowers have to be large, colored, scented and have to produce nectar for attracting pollinating agents.
Is there an error in this question or solution?