Critically evaluate the impact of the changing role of state in the developing countries in the light of globalisation?
The impact of changing role of state in the developing countries in the light of globalisation can be summed up as follows:
- Globalisation reduces the state capacity i.e. the ability of governments to do what they do.
- Market becomes the prime concern to set down economic and social priorities.
- Multinational companies effect on the decisions taken by government because their own interest fulfillment also depends on government policies.
- The old welfare state is now giving way to more minimalist state to perform certain core functions as maintenance of law and order and the security.
- State also withdraws from many of its welfare functions taken place at the level of economic and social wellbeing.
- To some extent developing countries have received a boost as a result of globalisation and became more strong and powerful clue to emergence of new technology.
Concept: Economic Consequences
Is there an error in this question or solution?