Construct a triangle similar to a given triangle LMN with its sides equal to `4/5` of the corresponding sides of the triangle LMN (scale factor `4/5 < 1`)
Given a triangle LMN, we are required to construct another triangle whose sides are `4/5` of the corresponding sides of the ∆LMN.
Steps of Construction:
1. Construct a ∆LMN with any measurement.
2. Draw a ray MX making an acute angle with MN on the side opposite to the vertex L.
3. Locate 5 Points Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5 on MX.
So that MQ1 = Q1Q2 = Q2Q3 = Q3Q4 = Q4Q5
4. Join Q5 N and draw a line through Q4. Parallel to Q5 N to intersect MN at N’.
5. Draw a line through N’ parallel to the line LN to intersect ML at L’.
∴ ∆L’MN’ is the required triangle.