Assume that the chances of a patient having a heart attack is 40%. Assuming that a meditation and yoga course reduces the risk of heart attack by 30% and prescription of certain drug reduces its chance by 25%. At a time a patient can choose any one of the two options with equal probabilities. It is given that after going through one of the two options, the patient selected at random suffers a heart attack. Find the probability that the patient followed a course of meditation and yoga. Interpret the result and state which of the above stated methods is more beneficial for the patient.
In a game, a man wins a rupee for a six and loses a rupee for any other number when a fair die is thrown. The man decided to throw a die thrice but to quit as and when he gets a six. Find the expected value of the amount he wins/loses.
- Conditional Probability
undefined video tutorial00:34:49
- probability part 01
undefined video tutorial00:43:33
- Probability part 6 (Example :- Conditional Probability)
undefined video tutorial00:11:41
- Probability part 4 (Conditional Probability :- Properties)
undefined video tutorial00:09:17
- Probability part 7 (Example :- Conditional Probability)
undefined video tutorial00:14:14
- Probability part 2 (Conditional Probability :- Introduction)
undefined video tutorial00:14:54
- Probability part 11 (Example :- Conditional Probability)
undefined video tutorial00:08:46