What are the main causes of water pollution ? How can it be controlled ?
Main causes of water pollution are:
- Chemical waste, industrial waste and agricultural processes.
- Thermal waste from nuclear and thermal power plants.
- Sewage and garbage.
Prevention of water pollution:
- Domestic sewage should be treated before being discharged into rivers.
- Using of non-biodegradable substances like detergents should be stopped.
- Trees and plants must be planted along the banks of rivers.
- Purification of water bodies should be carried out.
- The waste products of industries should be treated before they are discharged into rivers.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution What Are the Main Causes of Water Pollution ? How Can It Be Controlled ? Concept: Concept for Water.