A potted plant with variegated leaves was taken in order to prove a factor necessary for photosynthesis. The potted plant was kept in the dark for 24 hours and then placed in bright sunlight for a few hours. Observe the diagrams and answer the questions
1) What aspect of photosynthesis is being tested in the above diagram?
2) Represent the process of photosynthesis in the form of a balanced equation.
3) Why was the plant kept in the dark before beginning the experiment?
4) What will be the result of the starch test performed on Leaf ‘A’ shown in the diagram ? Give an example of a plant with variegated leaves
5) Draw a neat labelled diagram of a chloroplast.
1) To show that chlorophyll is necessary for photosynthesis.
3) To destarch the leaves.
4) It will not turn blue. Example of plants with variegated leaves is Oxalis species.