Explain the various types of cancer
Cancer is divided into various types depending on the type of cells which are altered. There are five major categories of cancer based on the cell type:-
- Carcinoma:- Cancer in the cells which cover the internal and external organs of the body.
- Sarcoma:- Cancer of the supportive tissues such as bone, cartilage, connective tissue and muscles.
- Lymphoma:- Cancer which begins in the lymph nodes and tissues which constitute the immune system.
- Leukaemia:- Cancer which begins in the bone marrow and accumulates in the blood stream.
- Adenoma:- Cancer which arises in the tissues of the thyroid, pituitary and adrenal glands.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Explain the Various Types of Cancer Concept: Concept of Cancer.