Differentiate between the following:
Binary fission and budding
- It is the kind of asexual reproduction in which a parent cell splits into two new organisms of same size.
- Mostly unicellular organisms like bacteria show binary fission
- Parent cell and newly formed cells are similar in size.
- Cytoplasm of parent cell divides equally.
- It is a natural process and can not be done artificially.
- It is the kind of asexual reproduction in which a parent cell forms an out- growth as a bud and this but detaches to form a new individual multicellular.
- Multicellular organisms like yeast reproduce using budding.
- Parent cell is larger than the newly formed bud.
- Cytoplasm divides unequally parent cell has more cytoplasm than bud.
- It is a type of vegetative propagation and can be done artificially.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Differentiate Between the Following: Binary Fission and Budding Concept: Concept of Asexual Reproduction.