Following table shows the points of each player scored in four games:
|Player||Game 1||Game 2||Game 3||Game 4|
|C||8||11||Did not play||13|
Now answer the following questions:
1) Find the mean to determine A’s average number of points scored per game
2) To find the mean number of points per game for C, would you divide the total points by 3 or by 4? Why?
3) B played in all the four games. How would you find the mean?
4) Who is the best performer?
1) A’s average number of points = `(14 + 16 + 10 + 10)/4`
= `50/4 = 12.5`
2) To find the mean number of points per game for C, we will divide the total points by 3 because C played 3 games.
3) Mean of B’s score = `(0 + 8 + 6 + 4)/4 = 18/4 = 4.5`
4) The best performer will have the greatest average among all. Now we can observe that the average of A is 12.5 which is more than that of B and C. Therefore, A is the best performer among these three.