Complete the following sentences about the poem.
- In the first stanza, the poet refers to four pieces of evidence: large shoes, a long bed, the Bible, fields cluttered with boulders and a leaky barn. This leads the poet to conclude that ‘the man of the house’ was ________________
- I think that the child was probably about six years old because_____________ .
- The poet suggests that a woman lived in the farmhouse because______________ .
- The family probably left the farmhouse because____________________________ .
- a tall, well built and god-fearing poor man and was not a farmer.
- simplicity and functionality of toys indicate that the child was neither too young nor too old.
- there was lilac on the wallpaper and oilcloth in the kitchen.
- most of the items were there in the house and weeds had cropped up in the yard.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Complete the Following Sentences About the Poem. Concept: Writing and Grammar.