Answer in Brief
Collect information about the local taxes (water, electricity and house tax, etc).
- water tax
- The rate of water tax is fixed at 1.5% of the assessed annual value.
- The administration is related to water tax in the city of Chennai is vested with (CMWS and SB) Chennai Metro Water Supply and Sewage Board.
- Water tax is levied on private individuals and businesses on tap water.
- Payment for water tax can be done online receipts will be generated within 24 hours of payment.
- The timeline of payment will be specified in the demand notice.
- Failing to make the payment even after demanding legal proceedings added with fine and other charges are made.
- Electricity Tax:
- Electricity tax is an excise duty that is charged on the supplies of electricity made on or after 1st October 2008.
- The tax is charged on the final supply of electricity to the consumer.
- The liability of payments arises at the time the electricity is supplied.
- The tax at a rate of 5% of the consumption charges.
- House Tax / Property Tax:
- A property tax or a house tax is a tax on the value of a property like a house, office building, etc.
- This tax is levied by the governing authority of the area in. which the property is located.
Concept: Introduction of Government and Taxes
Is there an error in this question or solution?