Classify the given data as primary or secondary data.
In our day to day life, we can collect the following data.
1. Number of females per 1000 males in various states of our country
2. Weights of students of our class
3. Production of wheat in the last 10 years in our country
4. Number of plants in our locality
5. Rainfall in our city in the last 10 years
The information which is collected by the investigator himself with a definite objective in his mind is called as primary data whereas when the information is gathered from a source which already had the information stored, it is called as secondary data. It can be observed that the data in 1, 3, and 5 is secondary data and the data in 2 and 4 is primary data.