Answer in Brief
Chennai, Cuddalore, and Cauvery delta are frequently affected by floods. Give reason.
- In our State, the Northeast Monsoon season starts from October. It will continue till December.
- Every year, during this Northeast Monsoon season, low-pressure depressions are formed in the Bay of Bengal.
- The low-pressure depressions are then transformed into cyclones and hit the coastal districts.
- Heavy rain follows the depressions and cyclones.
- Hence, Chennai, Cuddalore, and Cauvery delta are often affected by floods.
Is there an error in this question or solution?