State the various characteristics of chemical reactions.
Following are the various characteristics of a chemical reaction:
- Evolution of gas: Zinc and dilute sulphuric acid react to form zinc sulphate with the evolution of hydrogen gas.
- Formation of precipitate: Sulphuric acid and barium chloride react to form white precipitates of barium sulphate.
- Change in colour: Purple colour of potassium permanganate solution on addition of citric acid changes to colourless solution.
- Change in temperature: Barium hydroxide and ammonium chloride react to form barium chloride, ammonia and water. This is an endothermic reaction in which heat is absorbed, causing the temperature to fall.
- Change in state: Combustion of candle wax (solid) leads to the formation of water (liquid) and carbon dioxide (gas).
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution State the Various Characteristics of Chemical Reactions. Concept: Chemical Equation.