1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
A battery of emf 12 V and internal resistance 2 Ω is connected to a 4 Ω resistor as shown in the figure.
(a) Show that a voltmeter when placed across the cell and across the resistor, in turn, gives the same reading.
(b) To record the voltage and the current in the circuit, why is voltmeter placed in parallel and ammeter in series in the circuit?
Question appears in these question papers
A cell of emf 'E' and internal resistance 'r' is connected across a variable load resistor R. Draw the plots of the terminal voltage V versus (i) R and (ii) the current I.
It is found that when R = 4 Ω, the current is 1 A and when R is increased to 9 Ω, the current reduces to 0.5 A. Find the values of the emf E and internal resistance r.
Two identical cells of emf 1.5 V each joined in parallel, supply energy to an external circuit consisting of two resistances of 7 Ω each joined in parallel. A very high resistance voltmeter reads the terminal voltage of cells to be 1.4 V. Calculate the internal resistance of each cell.
Two cells of emfs 1.5 V and 2.0 V, having internal resistances 0.2 Ω and 0.3 Ω, respectively, are connected in parallel. Calculate the emf and internal resistance of the equivalent cell.
A cell of emf 'E' and internal resistance 'r' is connected across a variable resistor 'R'. Plot a graph showing variation of terminal voltage 'V' of the cell versus the current 'I'. Using the plot, show how the emf of the cell and its internal resistance can be determined.
- Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET-AIIMS - Physics
- 30 Days Crash Course for NEET - Physics
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- AIIMS & NEET/AIPMT Physics Study Material & Exercise Sheets (4 Vol.) for class XII and above by Career Point Classroom Course
- Online Question Bank NEET (UG) - Physics, Chemistry & Biology (VOUCHER)
- 29 Years NEET/AIPMT Topic wise Solved Papers PCB (1988 - 2016) Hindi
- Study Package for Physics for NEET/AIIMS/JIPMER
- Current Electricity part 3 (EMF :- Electro Motive Force)
undefined video tutorial00:07:49