Distinguish between emf and terminal voltage of a cell.
Two identical cells of emf 1.5 V each joined in parallel, supply energy to an external circuit consisting of two resistances of 7 Ω each joined in parallel. A very high resistance voltmeter reads the terminal voltage of cells to be 1.4 V. Calculate the internal resistance of each cell.
The plot of the variation of potential difference across a combination of three identical cells in series, versus current is shown below. What is the emf and internal resistance of each cell ?
In a potentiometer arrangement, a cell of emf 1.25 V gives a balance point at 35.0 cm length of the wire. If the cell is replaced by another cell and the balance point shifts to 63.0 cm, what is the emf of the second cell?
Nichrome and copper wires of same length and same radius are connected in series. Current I is passed through them. Which wire gets heated up more? Justify your answer.
- Current Electricity part 3 (EMF :- Electro Motive Force)
undefined video tutorial00:07:49
- 29 Years NEET-AIPMT Chapterwise Solutions - Physics
- NEET/ AIPMT Physics - 4th Edition (Must for AIIMS & other Medical Entrance Exams)
- Marvel Physics - Multiple choice questions Vol - 1, For NEET (UG) / JEE (MAIN) Exams
- NEET MBBS / BDS Physics, Chemistry, Biology (3 in 1) Study Material & Previous years Solved Papers
- 29 Years NEET/AIPMT Topic wise Solved Papers PCB (1988 - 2016) Hindi
- Crack NEET/AIPMT Physics/Chemistry/Biology - Set of 3 Books (Must for AIIMS & Other Medical Entrance Exams)
- Topic wise Solved papers for Medical Entrance 2nd Edition (Kerala PMT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ JIPMER)