“Biotechnology is not only beneficial but it has some harmful effects too.” Express your opinion about this statement.
- High yield in less time and less expenses.
- We can avoid the use of pesticides and thereby pollution.
- Quality of the food and food-grains has been improved.
- Attempts to develop ‘super-human’ through genetic manipulation.
- No study about long-term effects of GM crops on environment and living organisms.
- Financial loot of poor countries and farmers due to monopoly through patenting of GM crops.
- Genetically modified pest-resistant crops may prove harmful to beneficial insects.