'in-situ' Conservation can help endangered/threatened species. Justify the statement.
It is the process of conservation of living resources in their natural habitats. It is a type of onsite conservation. The endangered plants and animals are protected inside their natural surroundings. Eg national park, wild life sanctuary, biosphere reserves.
It also includes the introducion of plants and animal species back into agriculural, horticultural and animal husbanry practices so that they are cultivated/reproduced for their reuse by their farmers.
- It also maintains genetic diversity of crop plants/flowers by saing seeds for next planting season.
- Biodiversity is permanently protected
- Ecological integrity is maintained and managed
- Facilitates scientific research of the site
- It may be possible to improve the ecological integrity of the area and restore it if it has been damaged by poaching etc
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Biodiversity Conservation