Before reading the story, attempt the following working in group of four or five.
Make a list of your favourite games. Have a class discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of computer games.
My favourite games are:
- Play when you want
- You can start again if you lose
- Play with a friend
- More visual and usually audio than a book or board game
- Wide variety
- Some games are educational
- Failing vision
- Violent tendencies
- Less thought processing
- Low imagination
- Can cause seizures
- Cost money every time you play (or every time you change batteries)
- Less exercise
- Can be addictive and take up too much of your time.