Answer the following question.
State significance of pollination.
Significance of pollination:-
- Pollination is a significant event because it precedes fertilization.
- It brings the two types of gametes closer for the process of fertilization.
- Also, cross-pollination introduces variations in the plants due to the mixing of different genes which increases adaptability towards the environment or surroundings.
- Fertilization thereby results in the formation of fruits and seeds. Without pollination, there wouldn't be any fruit and seed formation.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants