Answer the following question.
‘‘Organisms may be conformers or regulators.’’ Explain this statement and give one example of each.
- The organism is able to maintain homeostasis by physiological and behavioural means.
- All birds and mammals and few lower vertebrates and invertebrates species maintain homeostasis by thermoregulation and osmoregulation.
- For eg : -Birds & Mammals.
- The majority (99%) of animals and nearly all plants cannot maintain a constant internal environment. Their body temperature is not constant. They are simply conformers.
- Eg; -Fishes, Frogs, etc.
Concept: Organism and Its Environment - Responses to Abiotic Factors
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Organism and Its Environment - Responses to Abiotic Factors