Answer the following question.
List any four ways by which GMOs have been useful for enhanced crop output.
GMO's have been useful for enhanced crop output in different ways:
- genetically modified crops are more tolerant of abiotic stresses (cold, drought, salt, heat)
- These genetic modifications have helped to reduce post-harvest losses implying less damage to crop yield.
- Genetic modification has reduced reliance on chemical pesticides by creating pest-resistant crops. eg. Tobacco, leading to greater crop yield.
- The creation of insect-resistant crops such as Bt cotton and Bt corn has enhanced crop yield.
- Increased efficiency of mineral usage by GM plants prevents early exhaustion of fertility of soil resulting in increased yield.
Is there an error in this question or solution?