Answer the following question in detail.
Write about Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's policies regarding the European traders as seen in his Adnyapatra.
The strategy of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj against the Europeans is clearly seen in Adnyapatra. The following were his policies:
- They should be kept at bay maintaining only business relations.
- Not allotting them any space near the entrance of a creek or a sea fort.
- Their establishments should not be a nuisance.
- They should not be allowed to flaunt their military strength.
- Not allow them to construct any permanent buildings.
- They must accept these conditions otherwise they are of no use.
- He also said that a fine should be collected if any foreign traders were found in the enemy land during expeditions.
- After they pay the fine, they should be sent back to their factory or the place from where they had arrived.
- They should not be treated in the same manner as the enemy is treated.
Concept: Colonialism Vs. the Maratha Empire
Is there an error in this question or solution?