Answer in Brief
Answer the following question in detail:
Write detailed information of the experimental method in psychology.
- The experimental method is one of the scientific methods to study behaviour.
- In the experimental method, experimenter conducts experiments on participants by following certain steps. These steps are:
- Identifying problem
- Developing a hypothesis
- Selecting an experimental design and standardising the experimental procedure
- Conducting an experiment and collecting data
- Analysing data
- Drawing conclusions
- Some of the important features of the experimental method are as follows:
- It is one of the most objective methods of collecting data.
- It facilitates accurate observations under controlled conditions.
- It helps in finding out the cause and effect relationship between two or more variables.
- The findings of the experimental method are verifiable.
- The experimental method has assigned the status of science to Psychology.
Concept: Research Methods in Psychology
Is there an error in this question or solution?