Answer in Brief
Answer the following question in detail (about 150 words).
Discuss with suitable examples, the scope of Sociology in today’s world.
The following points explain the scope of sociology in today's world.
- Bio-Sociology - Example: Gender differences and discrimination. Biologically male and female are different. Both have different strengths and capacity because of their body structure. But in society culture plays different role in nurturing them. These discrimination and differences affected society in a great way.
- Sociology of Art- Example: Warli paintings depict their lifestyle or paintings related with Mohenjo Daro and Harappan Civilization. This area helps to understand the social world of art and aesthetics.
- Sociology of Market Research- Example: Advertising of bathing soap by convincing the people that they have used river Ganga's water in that. This is an applied field that connects marketing and sociological strategies to understand the market in a meaningful ways.
- Visual Sociology - Example: A researcher takes the help of newspapers, film, movies, photographs for their study, or for the study of a particular society. Visual sociology is concerned with the visual dimension of social life. With the help of a film, movies, pictures one can visualize or imagine a particular problem, on the basis of which valid and relevant data can be collected.
- Diaspora Studies - Example: Migration of rural people to the urban areas. Diaspora is one of the movements of the people from their original place to other geographical areas. Though people migrate they maintain their originality in the migrated area. The people though they have migrated from their original place, follow their rituals, customs and maintain their original existence in areas where they have been migrated.
Concept: Scope of Sociology
Is there an error in this question or solution?