Answer the following question.
How will you identify male or female cockroach?
Male and female cockroach can be identified with the help of the following differences:
- Male cockroach-
- Abdomen is relatively long and narrow.
- 7th tergum covers 8th tergum.
- Antennae are longer in size.
- Anal styles are present.
- Brood pouch is absent.
- All 9 sterna visible.
- Female cockroach-
- Abdomen is short and broad.
- 7th tergum covers 8th and 9th terga.
- Antennae are shorter in size.
- Anal styles are absent
- Brood pouch is present.
- Only 7 sterna visible.
Concept: Reproduction System
Is there an error in this question or solution?