Answer the following question.
Explain with examples of the three barriers that are responsible for economic growth in Vietnam.
There were several barriers to economic growth in Vietnam which are given hereunder :
- High population level in Vietnam
- Low agricultural productivity
- Extensive indebtedness among the peasants
- To reduce rural poverty and increase agricultural productivity it was necessary to carry out land reforms as the Japanese had done in the 1890s. But this could not ensure sufficient employment.
- The French colonialists did little to industrialize Vietnam and in the rural areas, landlordism spread, and the standard of living declined.
Concept: Nationalist Movement in Indo- China - America and the Vietnam War
Is there an error in this question or solution?