Answer the following question.
Describe any three steps taken to clean up London during the nineteenth century.
Following steps were taken to clean London in the 19th and 20th century:
- Attempts were taken to spread out the tenements to the outskirts of the city.
- More and more parks and green spaces were created to reduce pollution. A 'Green Belt' was created around London.
- The architect Ebenezer Howard has designed the concept of Garden City full of trees and plants where people would both live and work.
- A pollution-free life was attempted for the city dwellers which would be a blend of city and nature.
- Realising the necessity of good housing for the city dwellers, the Government built mostly single-family cottages that were compact and convenient for residing.
Concept: Making of a Global World - Nineteenth Century Global Economy, Colonialism
Is there an error in this question or solution?