Answer the following question briefly:
Sher Shah is one of the most striking personalities in medieval India. In this context, briefly state the important achievements of his 5-years reign.
During his reign, Sher Shah established a vast, powerful and prosperous empire. Some of his achievements are listed below :
- In his empire, there was a powerful central government and a sound administrative system.
- He created a huge standing army that was disciplined, well organized, and strong.
- His revenue system was efficient progressive and humane and he also showed concern for the welfare of the peasants.
- During his reign, good roads and rest houses were constructed for travellers and merchants.
- New weights and measures were introduced by him.
- He also followed a policy of religious tolerance and appointed many Hindus to high posts of trust.