Answer the following.
Name the different types of teeth. What is the function of each type?
There are 4 types of teeth which are found in humans:
1. Incisors are the teeth present at the front portion of the mouth. There are four incisors in each jaw. They are used for biting and cutting food.
2. Canines are located next to the incisors. There are two canines in each jaw. They are used for tearing and piercing food.
3. Premolars lie next to the canines. There are four premolars in each jaw. They are used for chewing and grinding food.
4. Molars lie next to the premolars at the end of the jaw. There are six molars in each jaw. They are also used for chewing and grinding food.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- The Teeth and Its Structure