Answer the following in 80 - 100 words.
Enumerate the various symptoms an individual with anxiety disorders exhibits.
Anxiety is an emotion characterised by feelings of tension, hopelessness, etc.
Excessive level of anxiety which persists even after the anxiety-producing situation has gone away can lead to anxiety disorders.
(a) Physical Symptoms
• Heart palpitations and rapid heart rate
• Shortness of breath
• Dizziness or headaches
• Restlessness, tremors, and shaking
(b) Psychological Symptoms
• Mind racing or going blank
• Difficulty in concentration
• Problems in decision making
• Irritability, impatience and anger
(c) Behavioural Symptoms
• Avoiding people and situations
• Repetitive checking
• Strong urge to escape the situation