Answer in Brief
Answer the following:
Explain the factors affecting location of sugar industries.
The following are the factors affecting the location of sugar industries.
- Sugar industry is and agro-based industry.
- Sugarcane is the raw material in sugar industry.
- Sugarcane is perishable and weight-losing raw material.
- It is also heavy and bulky raw material.
- Taking into consideration all above characteristics of raw material used in sugar industry, it is always located in the areas of sugarcane production.
- In Maharashtra, Satara, Kolhapur, Ahmednagar, Sangli etc., are the sugarcane producing districts and the same districts have concentration of sugar industry.
Is there an error in this question or solution?