Answer the following with reference to the story.
“Sure they had a teacher, but it wasn’t a regular teacher. It was a man.”
- Who does ‘they’ refer to?
- What does ‘regular’ mean here?
- What is it contrasted with?
- They refer to the students who studied in the old kind of schools centuries
before the time the story is set in.
- Here, ‘regular’ refers to the mechanical teachers that Tommy and Margie had.
- The mechanical teacher is contrasted with the teacher of the earlier times, who was a
Is there an error in this question or solution?