Answer the following question in 25-30 words.
Write about folk traditions of sculptural art.
1. The art of carving on clay, rock or metal to form three dimensional figures is called sculpting and the figures so formed are called as sculptures.
2. Rock sculptures are made by carving, clay sculptures are made by hands or moulds, and metal sculptures are made by using moulds.
3. Like any other art form, sculptural art can also be classified as Classical and folk sculptural art.
4. The folk sculptural art began with the carving tools out of stones.
5. It is believed that this form of art is prevalent since the Harappan times.
6. Some of the examples of this art are the Ganesha idols, masks of goddesses, idols made for festivals, memorial stones, decorated utensils, etc.
7. The folk sculptures are region specific.
8. One can witness the products of this art in Bengal, Bihar, Gujarat, Rajasthan, etc.