Answer the following.
Which are the main ingredients of glass ?
Main ingredients of glass are as follows:
- Sand or Silica
- Sodium Carbonate
- Lime or Calcium Oxide
- Other Additives
- Lead glass: mixture of sand, soda, limestone and lead oxide
- Silica glass: using silica only
- Borosilicate: mixture of sand, soda, boric acid, aluminium oxide
- Alkali silicate glass: mixture of sand, soda
- Optical glass: micture of sand, soda, limestone, barium oxide and boron
- Boron – this changes the thermal and electrical properties of the glass and is used to make Pyrex glassware which can withstand extremes of heat and cold.
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Solution Answer the Following. Concept: Concept of Glass.