Answer in brief.
Write four distinguishing characters of phylum- Echinodermata.
Characteristic features of Echinodermata are:
- they are called echinoderms because calcareous spines are present on the body of these animals.
- their skeleton is made up of calcareous spines/ossicles (plates).
- they show radial symmetry in adult stage whereas they show bilateral symmetry in larval stage.
- these animals have the ability of regeneration.
- they are found only in oceans.
Concept: Kingdom Animalia - Invertebrate: Phylum Echinodermata
Is there an error in this question or solution?