Answer in brief.
Explain the meaning of Code of Conduct.
Some important points on the Code of Conduct are:
1. Code of Conduct is a measure adopted by the Election Commission of India to ensure free and fair elections. It is use to control incidences of malpractices during the elections.
2. It is a set of guidelines for the Government, political parties and candidates to be followed before and during the elections.
3. It concerns rules and regulations with respect to speeches, election manifestos, processions and general conduct.
4. Its objective is to check misuse of power during the elections and curb malpractices e.g. hate speeches, liquor distribution, use of muscle force etc. Violation of the code of conduct can lead to cancellation of candidature.
5. Due to the strict observance of the code in the last few elections, the people have become more confident and aware of their rights and duties as voters during the election process.