Answer in Brief
Answer all the questions given under caption.
Emergence of Towns and ports on the Sangam Age.
- How did the Sangam age get urbanised?
- What was the work of towns?
- Mention a few port centres.
- Mention a few inland trade centres.
- The Sangam age saw the first urbanization in Tamilagam. Cities developed and they had brick buildings, roof tiles, ring wells, and planned towns, streets, and storehouses.
- The towns worked as ports and artisanal centres.
- Arikkamedu, Kaveripoompattinam, Azhagankulam and Korkai on the east coast and Pattanam in Kerala were port centres.
- Kanchipuram, Uraiyur, Karur, Madurai and Kodumanal were inland trade centres.
Concept: Emergence of Towns and Ports
Is there an error in this question or solution?