Answer in Brief
Answer all questions given under the heading
Impact of Geographical Discoveries:
- What was the impact of the discovery of new lands and new sea routes?
- What were transported from America?
- What were sent from Europe?
- Why were slaves imported from Africa?
- As a result of the discovery of new lands and new sea routes, the economic center of Europe shifted from the Italian city-states to Spain and Portugal leading to their economic prosperity.
- Plants such as maize, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, pineapple, beans, and cocoa, and animals such as turkey and guinea pigs, were transported from America and introduced to Europe.
- From, Europe, sugarcane, wheat, rice, horses, cattle, sheep, and goats were sent to America.
- The mass extinction of the native population led to the import of slaves from Africa. The Gambia, Senegal, Goree, El Mina, and Congo became important centers of the slave trade in Africa.
Concept: Impact of Geographical Discoveries
Is there an error in this question or solution?