What are the characteristics of an ideal fuel (or good fuel)?
The characteristics of a good fuel are the following.
1. It should have a high calorific value, i.e., it should give an adequate amount of heat per unit mass.
2. It should burn without giving out any harmful gases, so that it does not pollute the air.
3. It should have a proper ignition temperature, so that it burns easily. (Its ignition temperature should neither be too low nor too high.)
4. It should be cheap, easily available and easy to handle.
5. After burning, it should not leave much ash.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Alternative or Non-conventional Sources of Energy - Nuclear Energy