What are the advantages and disadvantages of using nuclear fuel for generating electricity?
1. Nuclear power stations need less fuel than power stations that burn fossil fuels to produce the same amount of electricity.
2. There is no emission of greenhouse gases.
3. Nuclear fuel does not produce sulphur dioxide, a gas that affects health and produces acid rain.
1. The initial cost of designing and building a nuclear power station is high.
2. Thermal pollution occurs because of the discharge of hot water from nuclear power stations.
3. There is the risk of accidents in a nuclear reaction.
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Alternative or Non-conventional Sources of Energy - Nuclear Energy