A person has sour taste in the mouth and a burning sensation of the stomach.
- What is he suffering from?
- Why does it happen?
- What substance is used as a remedy?
(a) The person is suffering from acidity.
(b) The stomach of the person produces dilute acid which helps in the digestion of the food which he eats. When the production of acid is more than the required amount, the person suffers from acidity which causes a burning sensation of the stomach.
(c) The following substances can be used as a remedy:-
- Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3)
- Limewater mixed with butter
- Cold milk
Concept: Acids, Bases and Their Reactivity
Is there an error in this question or solution?
Video TutorialsVIEW ALL 
Video Tutorials For All Subjects
- Acids, Bases and Their Reactivity