Under which heads the following items will be placed in the Balance Sheet of a company as per Schedule VI part I of the Companies Act, 1956?
(1) Cash in hand
(2) Mining Rights
(3) Short-term deposits
(4) Debenture Redemption Reserve
(5) Income received in advance
(6) The balance of the Statement of Profit and Loss
(7) Office Equipment and
NK Ltd., a truck manufacturing company, is registered with an authorised capital of Rs 1,00,00,000 divided into equity shares of Rs 100 each. The subscribed and paid up capital of the company is Rs 50,00,000. The company decided to open technical schools in the Jhalawar district of Rajasthan to train the specially-abled children of the area. It is planning to provide them employment in its various production units and industries in the neighbourhood area.
To meet the capital expenditure requirements of the project, the company offered 20,000 shares to the public for subscription. The shares were fully subscribed and paid.
Present the share capital in the Balance Sheet of the company as per the provisions of Schedule III of the Companies Act, 2013. Also, identify any two values that the company wants to communicate.
List any four items other than 'stock-in-trade' that are presented under the sub-head 'inventories' as per schedule Ill of the Companies Act, 2013.
List any four items of 'reserves' that are shown under the heading 'Reserves and Surplus' in the Balance Sheet of a company as per schedule Ill of the Companies Act 2013
List any four items that are shown under the sub-heading 'Cash and Cash Equivalents' as per Schedule III of the Companies Act, 2013.
Tractors India Ltd. is registered with an authorized capital of Rs10,00,000 divided into 1,00,000 equity shares of Rs 10 each. The company issued 50,000 equity shares at a premium of Rs 5 per share. Rs 2 per share were payable with the application, Rs 8 per share including premium on the allotment and the balance amount on first and final call. The issue was fully subscribed and all the amount due was received except the first and final call money on 500 shares allotted to Balaram. Present the 'Share Capital in the Balance Sheet of Tractors India Ltd. as per Schedule VI Part I of the Companies Act, 1956, Also prepare Notes to Accounts for the same.
C and D are the partner in a firm sharing profits in the ratio of 4:1. On 31.3.2016 their Balance Sheet was as follows :
|Balance Sheet of C and D
As on 31.3.2016
Provision for Bad debts
Plant and Machinery
On the above date, E was admitted for 1/4 th share in the profits on the following terms:
1) E will bring 1, 00,000 as his capital and 20,000 for his share of goodwill premium half of which will be withdrawn by C and D.
2) Debtors 2,000 will be written off as bad debts and a provision of 4% will be created on debtors for bad debts and doubtful debts
3) The stock will be reduced by Rs 2,000, furniture will be depreciated by Rs 4,000 and 10% depreciation will be charged on plant and machinery
4) Investments of 7,000 not shown in the Balance Sheet will be taken into account.
5) There was an outstanding repairs bill of Rs 2,300 which will be recorded in the books.
Pass necessary journal entries for the above transactions in the books of the firm on E’s admission.