- loudness and intensity
- sound level in db (as unit only)
- noise pollution; interdependence of:
- pitch and frequency;
- quality and waveforms
A person standing between two vertical cliffs and 480 m from the nearest cliff shouts. He hears the first echo after 3s and the second echo 2s later. Calculate:
1)The speed of sound.
2) The distance of the other cliff from the person
An enemy plane is at a distance of 300 km from a radar. In how much time the radar will be able to detect the plane? Take velocity of radio waves as 3 x 108 ms-1
Name the phenomenon that causes a loud sound when the stem of a vibrating tuning fork is kept pressed on the surface of a table.
A person is standing at the seashore. An observer on the ship which is anchored in between a vertical cliff and the person on the shore fires a gun. The person on the shore hears two sounds, 2 seconds and 3 seconds after seeing the smoke of the fired gun. If the speed of sound in the air is 320 ms-1 then calculate:
1) the distance between the observer on the ship and the person on the shore.
2) the distance between the cliff and the observer on the ship.