Use graph paper for this question (Take 2 cm = 1 unit along both x and y-axis). ABCD is a quadrilateral whose vertices are A(2, 2), B(2, –2), C(0, –1) and D(0, 1).
1) Reflect quadrilateral ABCD on the y-axis and name it as A'B'CD
2) Write down the coordinates of A' and B'.
3) Name two points which are invariant under the above reflection
4) Name the polygon A'B'CD
In the given figure ABCD is a rectangle. It consists of a circle and two semi-circles each of
which are of radius 5 cm. Find the area of the shaded region. Give your answer correct to
three significant figures
Three vertices of parallelogram ABCD taken in order are A(3, 6), B(5, 10) and C(3, 2)
1) the coordinate of the fourth vertex D
2) length of diagonal BD
3) equation of the side AD of the parallelogram ABCD
Using a graph paper, plot the points A(6,4) and B(0,4).
(1) Reflect A and B in the origin to get the images A' and B'.
(2) Write the co-ordinates of A' and B'.
(3) State the geometrical name for the figure ABA' B'.
(4) Find its perimeter.
The given figure represents a kite with a circular and a semicircular motifs stuck on it.
The radius of a circle is 2.5 cm and the semicircle is 2 cm. If diagonals AC and BD are
of lengths 12 cm and 8 cm respectively, find the area of the:
1) Shaded part. Give your answer correct to the nearest whole number.
2) Unshaded part