- Structure and function of the Eye and Ear and their various parts
Given below is a representation of a kind of pollution. Study the same and answer the questions that follow
(i) Name the kind of pollution.
(ii) List any three common sources of this pollution.
(iii) Mention three harmful effects of this pollution on human health.
(iv) Explain the term ‘Pollutant’.
(v) Name two soil pollutants
Given in the box below are a set of 14 biological terms. Of these, 12 can be paired into 6 matching pairs. Out of the six pairs, one has been done for you as an example.
Example : endosmosis - Turgid cell.
Identify the remaining five matching pairs :
|Cushing’s syndrome, Turgid cell, Iris, Free of rod and cone cells, Colour of eyes, Hypoglycemia, Active transport, Acrosome, Addison’s disease, Blind spot, Hyperglycemia, Spermatozoa, Endosmosis, Clotting of blood.|
(i) Draw a well labelled diagram of the membranous labyrinth found in the inner ear.
(ii) Based on the diagram drawn above in (i) give a suitable term for each of the following descriptions :
1. The sensory cells that helps in hearing.
2. The part that is responsible for static balance of the body.
3. The membrane covered opening that connects the middle ear to the inner ear.
4. The fluid present in the middle chamber of cochlea.
5. The structure that maintains dynamic equilibrium of the body.
Given below is a diagram depicting a defect of the human eye, study the same and then answer the questions that follow:
(i) Name the defect shown in the diagram.
(ii) What are the two possible that cause this defect?
(iii) Name the type of lens used to correct this defect.
(iv) With the help of a diagram show how the defect shown above is rectified using a suitable lens.